Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pictures relating to song

This picture of Saturn’s limb and upper atmosphere reminds me of the song “Eclipse” by Pink Floyd because the last words of the song are “There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it’s all dark.” Although this is picture of Saturn it looks like it has a dark side and when I saw this picture “Eclipse” popped into my head.

The lyrics to the song “Mailbox Arson” by Alexisonfire comes into mind every time I view this picture of the city hall burning in Bangkok. The lyrics “I watch the smoke start to rise/ One hundred homes, one hundred fires/ Now everything you own now burns away.” These lyrics remind me of this picture because it shows a city in Bangkok burning and the song is about a city burning and how everything is no longer theirs. Also, Bangkok looks like it is being invaded in this picture which is what this song is also about and how nothing is private anymore.

This picture of an infantry soldier from the Vietnam war reminds me of the song “Unknown Soldier” by Breaking Benjamin because the lyrics “Full of fear/ Ever clear/ I’ll be here/ Fighting forever.” Is describing a soldier and how he is going to fight forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment